JA Job Shadow - SCKY
Mentor a student at your workplace
Love Your Job? Share it with a Kid!
JA Job Shadow prepares students to be entrepreneurial thinkers in their approach to work. Students will acquire and apply the skills needed in demanding and ever-changing workplaces. JA Job Shadow:
- Helps prepare our future workforce
- Showcases your place of work
- Enables your employees to easily participate in a community activity
- It's turnkey; JA provides the materials and training and will help arrange all JA Job Shadow days in advance
- Includes three sessions plus a Job Shadow site visit recommended for high school students
- Average time for each session is 45 minutes and includes a site visit experience of at least three hours
- Materials are downloadable and include detailed session plans for the site-coordinator, students, and teacher
- Recognize career clusters and potential job positions and understand the importance of researching the requirements needed to earn a position
- Develop job-hunting tools, such as networking, resumes, and interviewing skills
- Identify the next steps needed in their personal career preparation
Job Shadow Day Options:
Your Place of Business
- Host a class of students from 9am-1pm, including lunch
- Provide a tour of your company
- Students visit a business where they observe professional work conduct, learn what skills and education they need to earn jobs
- Participate in a series of host-led challenges that bring home lessons from the "real world" of work
Reverse Job Shadow Day at a School
- Three-hour commitment in a high school classroom
- You will receive a presentation script and with just a little preparation you will be ready to present
- All students will have had two pre-lessons taught by the teacher before your visit
JA Inspire Virtual - South Central KY
The JA offices in Bowling Green, Owensboro and Lexington are partnering up for this year's JA Inspire Virtual, a virtual career and higher education fair that will introduce 15,000 8th-12th grade students from more than 62 counties in greater Kentucky area to local businesses as a way to promote work readiness and keep jobs in South Central Kentucky.
Junior Achievement Classic
Junior Achievement is proud to introduce the JA Classic, Presented by Logan Aluminum.
January 13, 2022
WKU vs. Rice Conference Game
Junior Achievement and the Young Athenas are teaming up to bring the JA Girl$ program presented by Citizens First Bank,to girls and young women in the Bowling Green area. The Young Athenas of Bowling Green are a prestigious group of young professionals who have received the Young Athena award through the Chamber of Commerce.
M&L Electrical Race for JA
Enjoy racing go karts and learn about STEM components during this inaugural event. Participants will receive an event T-shirt, lunch ticket, one race and STEM educational experience. Corporations and members of the public are encouraged to participate.
Organizations Partnering With Us